St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran ChurchReligious Contact: Elizabeth Cummings, Pastor
Parish Pastor: Elizabeth Cummings
Saint Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church was officially organized on March 21, 1943 with an original charter membership of 76 persons. The store soon proved too small for this growing congregation. Three months later, on June 20, the congregation voted to purchase the Griswold property at 371 Wolcott Hill Road. For fifteen years the congregation worshiped in a chapel on the first floor of that white house that served also as the home of its first pastors.
Eventually, this chapel, too, proved too small and a new facility was built. On New Years Day, 1958, the congregation began worshiping in its new church building, and has done so ever since. As the congregation grew, it became necessary to build a parish education building, which it did in 1968. And most recently (on May 19, 1996) it dedicated the newly completed Fellowship Hall that connected the Church Sanctuary to the Education Building.