A Casual Evening of Networking
Business After Hours, better know as BAH!, is an evening networking event hosted by one of our member businesses. An average of twenty to thirty chamber members and invited guests attend and enjoy the causal atmosphere. Typically the event will run for two hours beginning any time 5:00 p.m. or after.
Showcase Your Business
The host has the opportunity to showcase their business by inviting other business people from within the Wethersfield business communities. During the event, a sponsor may choose to some of the following:
- Make a short presentation
- Display marketing materials
- Give a tour if appropriate
- Network and socialize with your guests
- A Raffle Prize or giveaways are optional
As the host, a business provides light foods and beverages (usually beer, wine, and soft drinks) for the anticipated number of guests.
The Wethersfield Chamber of Commerce supplies advertising (fliers, press releases, etc.), maintains attendance, supplies name tags and greets guests.
Is Your Business Interested in Hosting?
Talk to us about your interest in hosting and together we will work out the details. Call/Test to make advance placements for your next BAH!
Don’t delay in promoting your business by contacting Leslie Esoian, the Chamber Executive Director to arrange your BAH!
Call/text 860-721-6200, email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wethersfield Chamber of Commerce is the go-to resource for its members and the community!
Networking Tips for New Members (Refresher Too!)
- Arrive on time. It is easier to start a conversation before everyone has settled into groups.
- Wear your name tag on your right side. When you shake hands, it will be in direct line of vision.
Remember to circulate. Join in a group of people that you don’t know very well, try saying something as simple as, “May I join you?” It works.
Networking is about creating relationships. Remember to smile, look people in the eye when you talk to them and use their name.
- Be prepared. If you are asked about your product or service, you want to be ready to answer with a brief thirty second summary.
- Follow up. Bring business cards so that you can easily exchange contact information and follow up within 48 hours of the event.